Saturday, March 29, 2014

Never too late.

I was browsing my Facebook account just a while ago.  And this is what I found:  
This graphic resonates so much to me.  You see I reinvented myself at mid-40s.  I saw a lot of raised eyebrows when I made the decision to leave my job of 25 years!  Many got panicked for me.  They were thinking of my retirement.  Little did these people know that my retirement fund was one of the reasons why I left employment.

You see I have big dreams for me and my family.  Seemingly my 25 years of being employed had not given me the big dreams that I really want to get.  Mind you I was not just an ordinary employee when I left; I was, in fact, at the middle-management level position.  I had 73 faculty members under my wing back then.  I have nothing against employment --- it actually has shaped me and molded me to be the person that I am today. But I needed to leave, and pursue the dreams that God has planted in my heart.  

Ever since I was young, I have been a dreamer.  I would always imagine the life that I want to have, the house where I want to live, the car that I want to drive, and the savings and investment that I want to have.  Yes, I was receiving a good salary from my employer, but I was just living the life that I can afford, not the life that I want.  

Right now, I am in my journey towards the fulfillment of all my dreams.  I made the decision and took inspired action over a year ago to change my life direction.  I know that in due time, all of my big dreams will unfold before my very eyes.  

At 46 I know that it's not yet too late.  It's not too late to enjoy everything that life has to offer.  It's not yet too late to make my big dreams come true.  How about you? :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

This side of the world is a therapy for me. I find solace and peace here. Very much like the feeling I have after popping tiny bubbles!

Gently pop tiny bubbles with me.