Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mother and child.

Mother and child. Photo take August 20, 2008.
She came from the Queen City of the South.  Some 35 years ago, she went to Manila to avoid being ostracized by her family for being pregnant at a very young age.  Thus she left a child for adoption here in Manila to the childless, generous couple.  Her name was written on a piece of paper as a proof that she was giving her child to this couple.  Fortunately, this piece of paper was seen by the girl; hence, she got her mother's name.

Now the child has matured and she too is going to be a mother soon.  Her adoptive parents whom she dearly loved have all joined their Creator.  Practically, she was left alone.  But God has been so good to her that she has found a man who loves her unconditionally.  

Her very pregnant condition now stirred this ardent desire for her to find her biological mother.  Not for anything else, but only to see her, to know her. And maybe to hug her, to let her know that she has forgiven her.  That she understands her.

I know that that day will come.  I know that.  I just hope and pray that that day will come soon.  Just before the girl delivers her baby by December 2011.

------
PS1.  If you know of the woman in the story, please let me know through my email address in this blogsite.
PS2.  The mother and child in the picture are not the ones described in this entry :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have the same wish, that someday soon, she will find her mother. We all need to know our roots and some sort of closure. :)

    ReplyDelete

This side of the world is a therapy for me. I find solace and peace here. Very much like the feeling I have after popping tiny bubbles!

Gently pop tiny bubbles with me.