Tuesday, June 26, 2012

On taking risks.

"If you want something, you must be willing to take the risk.  And if you really, really want something, you must be willing to risk everything." ~ B. Evangelista, my mentor.

XLR8 Leaders.  Balai Isabel. May 2012.
These words have kept on reverberating in my mind ever since I heard it from my business mentor.  That was several months ago!  But wherever I go, whatever I do these words echo loud and clear.  And today, while seated on my desk, looking at the refreshing green Narra leaves outside my office window, these words have shouted again loud and clear between my ears.

What could that be?  Is it a sign? 

I've always heard a cliche that if you want get something you've never had, you must do things you've never did.  It's easy to say yes, but on a deeper thought, am I really willing to do things that I haven't done before. I know this calls for me to go out of my comfort zone. I know very well that comfort zone is the safest but the most dangerous place.  This calls for me to go out and explore the world out there, to learn more, to travel more, to achieve my dreams. 

But the question remains:  Am I willing to take the risk? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This side of the world is a therapy for me. I find solace and peace here. Very much like the feeling I have after popping tiny bubbles!

Gently pop tiny bubbles with me.