Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nolie.

We've been friends for more than a decade now.  We met when we were still students in the graduate school of the DLSU where we took up Master of Arts in English Language Education.  Since there were only a handful of us in our batch then, we developed such a strong bond.  During those days, we were no longer so young, but we're so carefree.  I remember when we were about to take our comprehensive exams - I was seriously studying while she was busy playing mahjong!  LOL

After our stressful MA class, she would invite me and him to the then Westin Philippine Plaza poolside to watch the sunset, moreso to enjoy the ambiance.  We would sit down there for a couple of hours and talk, laugh, talk, laugh.  

Well that was more than ten years ago.  Fast forward to the present.

Today, she is in town to spend her summer holidays with her son (she has been living in the US for nine years).  And this afternoon we met at the Robinson's "to reminisce old times", she said.  When I saw her, my gosh, she is so fit and fab!  I know, I know that she now is such a devoted wife and mother, but goodness, she is gorgeous!

Well, our lunch today was over-powered by talk and laughter, talk and laughter. Just like before. 

For me, Nolie is such a loyal friend.  I am so touched that despite of what she has achieved in life, she has never forgotten the friendship we have had despite the distance.

With Noli at lunch today.  Robinson's Manila.  July 16, 2011
On my way home after our meeting, I kept on telling myself that I was so happy to have met Nolie again.  I realized how much I've missed her and her company.  She's one friend who tells me straight what's wrong and what's right.  I can tell her everything without being judged. I am just so happy  and felt so blessed that I've got a friend in her. I am very grateful! 


And, oh, I got this precious present from her - a Liz Claiborne shades.  I've been dreaming to own one, and it seems that Nolie has read my mind.  Thank you, dear universe, for conspiring with Nolie.  Thank you, Noh, for your thoughtfulness.  You rock! LOL

---
This is what I love with real and true friendships - you can always pick up from where you left.  Time and distance do not really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This side of the world is a therapy for me. I find solace and peace here. Very much like the feeling I have after popping tiny bubbles!

Gently pop tiny bubbles with me.