Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Health is wealth.



Wall climbing at the Plantation Bay, Cebu.
2005
Once again I got to be reminded by this philosophical line: "Health is wealth."

After having gone thru five operations in the past, I can no longer afford to sacrifice my health. In 1995, I had a lymphoma at the right upper hip removed. It was crucial for it could have paralyzed me if the docs were not careful. In 2001, my ovarian cysts were operated followed by a total hysterectomy in February 2007; December of the same year, I had carpal tunnel syndrome operation in my left hand. My right hand had its share of the same procedure February of 2008. All these procedures made me shun away from my usual sport activities - badminton, volleyball and bowling. I even played softball when I was much younger. I also tried extreme ones like rapelling and wall climbing.

Last week I had upper back pain which caused a daily headache. I got worried. But it's a good thing that now it's gone. That's when I took a vitamin supplement that really works!
I only have one body, and I should take care of it. After those series of operations, I gained weight but I made a resolve to lose some weight, to exercise daily, to distinguish appetite from hunger, to supplement my daily nutrition with supplements that are safe and effective. For I know that when I am always healthy, blessings and abundance, healing and miracles will flow into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This side of the world is a therapy for me. I find solace and peace here. Very much like the feeling I have after popping tiny bubbles!

Gently pop tiny bubbles with me.