Monday, August 22, 2011

Low glycemic food.

For the past few years, I have gained some weight.  My weight gain started slowly after my total hysterectomy in 2007, and it tremendously increased after my carpal tunnel syndrome operation in December 2007 and February 2008.  From my ideal weight of 100 lbs, I went up to 120!  Needless to say, bulges anywhere and everywhere followed.  *sigh*

I've tried so many regimen.  I exercised  danced, too. I did bellydancing for almost a year.  Well, I lost some weight there, but still it was not my ideal weight.  I also did no rice diet, but because of the slow metabolism brought about by aging(?) and total hysterectomy, my weight loss is very slow.  

My inspiration.  100 lbs in 2006.
  Perth, Western Australia.
This time, I am doing hullahoops.  Good thing someone gifted me with one last Christmas.  Then I am advised to include in my diet low glycemic food.  I wonder what that is, so I made my research.  This site gives me the list of low glycemic food, though I am not into that diet plan.  I am however happy to note that my favorite pasta is in the list of low glycemic food!  This one gives tips on how to combine low and high glycemic food to lose weight.  And there are a million others - all of them are meant to lose some weight.  All of them give good tips, and I will only follow what I believe is doable and right for me.

Now I have made a decision.  As far as my health is concerned, I am not going to compromise it.  I only have one body and one health to take care of.  I will give my body the best care that it needs.  I know deep in my heart that in this pursuit for good health,  all that I need will come along my way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This side of the world is a therapy for me. I find solace and peace here. Very much like the feeling I have after popping tiny bubbles!

Gently pop tiny bubbles with me.