Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Page 45.

Yesterday, I celebrated page 45 of my life's chapter.  I am so grateful of the love, kindness and generosity showered upon me not to mention all the positive birthday greetings, prayers and wishes that I have also received.
Surprise gifts on my table. Photo taken July 4, 2011.


Specifically, I am very grateful for these:


HSC Family.  The beautiful people at my department have this unique way of making me feel so special and so loved.  Always, as in always, they see to it that my birthday bash is different every year without me spending a single cent.  They lavish me with food, gifts and greetings.  Yesterday, our department was overflowing with food from mid-morning till late afternoon.  It was like fiesta for us.  Not only was my stomach full; my HEART WAS also FULL.


Jazt Calim.  This girl is super cool.  We've been working together for more than six years.  She always does the dirty work, but has never complained.  I know that behind all the surprises I had on my birthday was her ingenuity.  She does make me feel that I AM SPECIAL.  And, oh, you can find this cool girl here.


Nanay.  When I got home from work, Nanay was already cooking pancit canton for me.  For long life, that is!  You know my mother is the person that I can't live with but can't live without.  From time to time she comes over from Iloilo to stay with me.  She's not telling me this but I know that she is proud of me.  One time she told me that she can already die a peaceful death when I am already married.  Oh well, I don't want her to die that's why I am not married yet. :-D  Yesterday was the first time that my Nanay had cooked again for my birthday since 1982 when I left home in pursuit of a better future here in Manila.  That made me feel again that I AM A DAUGHTER.  I felt so delighted.


Impromptu celebration.  My friends for almost two decades now went to my place last night.  What I planned to be simple family dinner turned out to be a celebration of friendship, too.  Well, these people are my true friends - they can come anytime and I don't anymore need to put my best foot forward.  So thank you, Pol, Aimee, Lai - you once again made me feel LOVED.


And of course,  I am so grateful for this blog entry from my one and only.  It melts my heart.  It gets me speechless.  Thank you very much, Hry.

2 comments:

  1. So, I am doing my rounds reading my favorite blogs and what do I find? This birthday-gratitude blog! I panicked and sent you a text message. Haha. My apologies I didn't greet you on your birthday. I suck at birthdays, even my own. But that's a lousy excuse, right? :D

    Belated happy birthday, Badeth. You know (despite my being forgetful) that I love you. :)

    Wishing you many more blessings and deep joy. Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Ai! With or without greetings on my birthday, I am assured that you are there, that you are my friend, that YOU love me. :-)

    Thank you for the love and the friendship we have.

    ReplyDelete

This side of the world is a therapy for me. I find solace and peace here. Very much like the feeling I have after popping tiny bubbles!

Gently pop tiny bubbles with me.